Tuesday, November 15, 2011

bakn a chkn


I had myself a nice, relaxing weekend. Mostly this occurred as an absence of OU fans invading my town. Sunday was especially relaxing, as this was the day when I baked a whole chicken. In order to bake a chicken properly, there are a couple of ground rules that need to be followed. First, you must clean the chicken. I typically do this under cold water. During this “cleaning” process, I will take the giblets out of the body cavity, and set them aside. Next, I will pat down the outside of the chicken with paper towels. After the skin has dried a bit, I drizzle a fair amount of extra virgin olive oil on the skin and spread it around with my hands. I then rub kosher salt into the skin of the chicken. After these preparation steps have been taken, it is time to start baking. I cover the casserole dish with a glass lid and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour and 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment