Tuesday, November 1, 2011

thanks


Thanksgiving is a time for being thankful for everything that the fortunate are granted, whether be it a result of hard work, or simply luck. It is also a time to eat. I’m not trying to take away from the importance of appreciation of everything we are given, nor am I saying that we shouldn’t give. All I am trying to stress is that we should seriously think about this holiday coming up. Every year, I neglect Thanksgiving until I finally wake up and it is Thanksgiving day, and before I know it, I am already knee deep in mashed potatoes. After eating, I find myself watching a Dallas Cowboys game, that I rarely ever have interest in, independent of who they are playing. I am suggesting that we implement some sort of a countdown, similar to Christmas. We need to get excited about this happening, and never let this glorious day slip away ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment