Tuesday, November 15, 2011

bakn a chkn


After my hour and 15 minute timer expires, I remove the lid and bake for another half hour or so (depending on the size of the chicken, of course). This secondary baking strategy allows the skin to crisp up a little bit and allows the internal temperature of the chicken to reach the appropriate temperature of 165 degrees. I allow the chicken to cool without a lid for about half an hour before I start carving. After all of the meat has been removed from the carcass, I will often times boil the skeletal remains to produce hearty chicken broth that I will use at a later date. In the case of last week, I make about 10 cups of chicken broth, froze 5 cups, and proceeded to use 5 cups for the base of my chicken soup, a culinary zeal rushed over me, there is not much else I can say.

1 comment: