Tuesday, November 22, 2011

round I


Last weekend I had Thanksgiving weekend in the Dallas area with my Dad’s side of the family. It is a serious advantage having Thanksgiving practice one week before the real deal. This allows for some stomach-stretching to occur. This is analogous to practicing for any sporting event. This time we had two turkeys, one was smoked by a BBQ restaurant in the Dallas area, Dickie’s, and the other was smoked at my uncle’s house by the man himself. It is a toss up as to which bird I preffered, but since I’m an original kind of guy, I’m obviously going to pick the turkey that was prepared in my uncle’s house. Honestly, both were equally fulfilling. The dressings were something out of this world. Both were pan-baked dressings, thick in nature, thick enough to stay attached to an inverted spoon. Cranberry sauce was NOT out of the can. The sweet aroma of the simmering cranberries filled the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment